Skip to main content

The End of an Era - But Not This Blog

Tomorrow morning will be a very pivotal point in my life... I'm having my tubes tied.  I am 43 years old and will have my 20th wedding anniversary on October 22nd.  I am ready to officially say I'm done trying to have babies!  Not that I've been taking the pill for the past 5 years doesn't say that already, LOL.  The truth is that the likelihood of me getting pregnant is slim to none due to my endometriosis issues; however, if I ever did get pregnant on my own, the doctor's say it would most likely be ectopic and that could be dangerous.  I'm also having a LEEP done at the same time.  I've had abnormal pap smears the past several years and this is something they would recommend doing to treat that, but only if there is no plans to have more children.  I'm nervous as always before being put under anesthesia.  I've never liked that concept.  I just need to get through now until the moment when they give me the relaxing meds and I won't care anymore.

Things are going great with the family.  The kids are really starting to settle into a routine.  It would have been nicer if it was earlier in the school year that this occurred, but the boys got strep throat the first week after school started and we had been battling it since.  We seem to have now officially gotten rid of that bug (I'm knocking vigorously on wood!).  The boys will still be taking their current antibiotic until the weekend is over, but I think we should be good then.  Whew!  We're getting into a routine with homework and dinner, but I wish bedtime was easier.  I usually have to sit outside their room to keep them from playing in bed and rough housing with each other.  Of course the morning comes and most of the time they don't want to wake up.  I'm going to try to get them down earlier tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

I was really tired last night and I'm sure I'll be just as tired tonight.  I'm doing a detox.  I'm still eating, but no coffee (I can have a cup of green tea if desperate), alcohol, I already don't drink soda, no nightshades (potatoes, peppers, eggplant), no pork or beef and no wheat products.  Today is my second day.  I've done this before and it's always interesting how much better I feel after a few days.  I figured with the surgery going on Thursday, this week was a good time to do this.  Yesterday I had a caffeine withdrawal headache by 1PM, and we'll see how it goes today.  I think I'll be fine.  By the end of the day yesterday, I was so sleepy.  It was awesome to jump into bed and get cozy.  I'd like to be there now and just sleep until my surgery is over.  Is that possible?  I know when Phoebe gets home from school tomorrow, we're going to have a Gilmore Girls on Netflix marathon while I'm recovering.  So I'm really looking forward to that!

BTW, menu plan I wasn't planning on posting this week.  It's not that exciting, but we are eating our home cooked dinner staples.  We'll be having pasta with beans, sausage, pine nuts and mint tonight.  I have to decide if I'm going to have curried pumpkin soup instead so I can stay on my detox or if I'll break the fast of pasta.  The sausage is made from chicken, so that's not a cheat.

Comments

Praying all will go well, Heather!
Anonymous said…
Good luck tomorrow. I always get nervous before anesthesia, too. You'll have to keep me posted on how it goes. I'm considering my options.

I'm having the exact same bedtime/morning issues with the girls. Tonight my husband put them to bed at 5:30 (!!!) to see if that helps. They went right to sleep. If they are up at 3am, though, so is he. :)

Queeie

Stephanie said…
Read through your last couple of posts. Glad to hear things went well! Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.