Skip to main content

Cleaning House

A long, long time ago I wrote a post while I was going through the cleaning of the day.  Today's cleaning and laundry is to get ready for Thanksgiving. I sent Tom and Phoebe out to do the holiday grocery shopping with a list, coupons and gift card we got for the one warehouse store (BJs) as part of the rewards you get.  That will help keep the holiday grocery budget down!  The boys had cheese sandwiches for lunch:  Tommy's cold with oil, oregano and crushed red peppers (yup!) and Liam's was grilled cheese.  They are sitting for some quiet time with the movie Toy Story.  They may nap.  They might not nap, but at least they are having quiet time.  My timeline today has been:

2:30 PM - At this point, the toys in the living room are cleaned up and the room is vacuumed.  I took a lot of trash out of that room as they get out of control when Mommy was at school on Friday and Saturday.  The trash was like ripped up papers, McDonald's Happy Meal boxes (their little indulgence from Daddy that Mommy doesn't do, LOL!) and broken pencils and such.  The trash is out.  The room is clean and vacuumed.  I have things on the stairs to go upstairs.  Got a load of laundry started and dusted the living room.  Will move onto the kitchen in a moment.  Need to sit down and have a drink of water.

3:30 PM - Took the basket of stuff to go upstairs and put everything away.  Took out recycling. Dusted kitchen, sunroom and front living room.  wound the grandfather clock.  Vacuumed the kitchen.  In between I made the boys popcorn for a snack and need to remind them it's still quiet time.  I think it will be quiet time until Tom gets back.

4PM - Moved laundry from washer to dryer.  Started another load of laundry in the washer.  Emptied dishwasher, filled it up again and started it.  Hopefully, it will be done by the time we need to load it from dinner dishes.  Going to stalk Tom's iPhone and see if I have enough time to wash the kitchen floor.

8:15 PM - Yup, had time.  Mopped the floor.  Finished vacuuming downstairs, both staircases and cleaned the powder room.  Tom and Phoebe were home around 5PM.  We got the car unpacked and groceries put away.  Our friends came by around 5:30PM and we had salmon, scallops, brown rice and steamed Chinese greens.  Dishes are done, Phoebe is in the shower and then the boys are next.  I still have to keep the laundry moving.  I'm looking forward to having the kids all in bed and some peace and quiet.

Tomorrow I need to finish a few things on the first floor and then get the upstairs done before we have company Wednesday night into Thursday.  I have work Monday and Tuesday and then I'm off the rest of the week.

Comments

cat said…
Thats a lot of cleaning in a very short time

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.